Sore eyes- Conjuctivitis: It's treated worse than AIDS or Ebola

Sore eyes or Conjunctivitis, is the most misunderstood disease, even among doctors.

First the cause, people believe it comes by looking into the eyes of someone with conjuctivitis.
Wrong! That almost sounds like death rays coming out of someone's eyes to zap you.

I lived with my whole family having the disease for nearly two weeks and never got the disease despite that.
The reason I got it, was because I used the blanket used by my cousin. So you can get conjuctivitis through secretions.

The reason I didn't get it for so long, was because I was using different towels and bathrooms from them.

Now the cure: Suggested cures varies from rose water, to coriander water, to antibiotic drops to Urine (I kid you not!)

Actual cure is to keep washing your eyes with cold water and wash your hands everytime you touch your eyes.

Why do people who have sore eyes, wear Sunglasses!
1. Because it prevents them from touching their own eyes and passing the infection on.
2. It prevents secretions directly impacting those around the infect person.

Yesterday, after getting a clean chit from the doctor, I started roaming around the whole day with sunglasses, at night too.

What I realised is that people have an unwarranted fear, a form of racism if you please, that means that people will not sit next to you. Another thing is that people will stay away from you at a distance of 5 feet.

This just shows, how badly an unwarranted fear can spread, even faster than an actual disease could.

Unbelievable? Believe it.

Popular Posts