Jaguar's #Goodtobebad commercial - The Perfect Commercial and Concept
I truly loved Jaguar's "Brits make the best villians" commercials.
- It plays on the fact that the British, have actually been one of the biggest villains on Earth, using strategies such as Divide and Rule. Even today, a typical British tourist will appear really nice, but the truth is that they will be causing all kind of trouble, which will inevitably lead to them getting their way and you losing out.
- The irony that Jaguar today is an Indian company, owned by Tata Motors, makes the whole "Brits make the best villians" concept even more funny. Imagine that a country which was ruled by the British as a colony, buys off a British company and then makes commercials saying "Brits make the best villians". It just looks to me like making an Englishman eat his own hat.
- The size of the videos, ranging from 22 seconds in actual content to 2 minutes, are actually perfect for India, since even with a really bad rural landline connection, you can still be able to view the video in a few seconds.
- The irony that Ben Kingsley, who is known to Indian only as the man who play Gandhi, is considered as the best villian, is another priceless hint, too good to pass up.
- The car itself, is truly villainous, hence here we have the perfect message for the perfect car.