Work, Play and Communicate
Various points which were raised were:
- Why can't mobiles be served like empty plates, where the user chooses the phone only based on the form factor, for a nominal price of about Rs. 7000, and then choose the software they like, and pay for it. Most people find that there are way too many applications on the phone, and very few ones which they actually use, so why pay for it?
- Different people have different requirements for a phone, some people like the phone to replace their other devices, while others use it only to talk.
- Different advances were requested in the mobile, such as :
- Fingerprint sensors(Already there in Docomo phones)
- OCR readers (Already present as business card scanners in devices such as the P990I)
- Temperature sensor (Already present in various sports phones such as the Nokia 5210)
A question raised was:"How do you group all these applications together?"
My answer: Work Play and Communicate!
What do you think?