Well, finally got myself off motorised vehicles, thanks partly due to the fact that my office is just around 4 bus stops away from home.
Its' nice that Pune has cycling paths, reaching right up till the office gate.
Few things which need noticing:
- Being Pune, Jaywalkers and riding in any open path is the norm :(
- Garages take this as an excuse to pile in even more cars outside their shop.
- You get a lot of motorcyclists taking this as an excuse to ride the path the wrong way.
- Pedestrians too, use this for a great place to walk and talk (No thanks to Idea :p).
- One way to get people out of the way is to shout Mummy and Papa to every obstructor :P
- Cycling makes you hungry, hence a good breakfast, usually two boiled eggs for me, with a broon(Pune speciality, like a big Bombay Gutli :P ) bun and a heavy meal at night helps. Don't worry about putting on weight, the additional metabolism more than makes up :P
- Try wearing comfortable shoes, preferably those without heels
- Use a comfortable pair of sunglasses, Polaroid is my preference, since the Pune glare usually is enough to run offices during the day on solar power itself :P
Labels: broon, cycle, cycling, eggs, garage, gutli, jaywalk, motorcycle, obstructor, pedestrians, pune