A song on the beauty of Goa and Living in Goa

Having friends from all the big cities, and having lived in a few of them, the common refrain which made my blood boil was "Goans must be lazy".


I beg to differ!
I have seen more things happening in Goa, compared to all of the cities I've been in.


And the problem, the urban rural conundrum, is this:
  1. What does a person, leading a single solitary job life, from nine to five, actually know what means to live in a place, where you do things because you want to do them, not because someone forced you to do it for money.
  2. Why would you say that just because someone feels birthdays and weddings and funerals, are important enough to be attended, that a Goan lacks her priorities?
  3. Note that I use the word Goan loosely, but Goa is more than just a place, a culture, a people, it's a state of mind! Know what I mean?... let me remind-
Ooooh, Goa!
Ooooh, Goa!

Grew up in a gaon that is famous as a place of movie scenes
Noise ain't always loud, there are signets all around and the roads are mean
If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere, that's what they say
Seeing my face in print or my name in pictures found down on ICG

Even if it ain't all it seems, I got a pocketful of dreams
Baby I'm from Goa!
 Sand storm where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in Goa!
These beaches will make you feel brand new
Big fights will inspire you
Hear it for Goa, Goa, Goa!

On the bazaar, there ain't never a curfew, ladies work so hard
Such a melting pot, on the corner selling salt, preachers pray to God
Hail a pilot, takes me down from Baga to the Mandovi Bridge
Some will sleep tonight with a hunger for more than an empty binge

I'ma make it by any means, I got a pocketful of dreams
Baby I'm from Goa!
 Sand storm where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in Goa!
These beaches will make you feel brand new
Big tights will inspire you
Hear it for Goa, Goa, Goa!

One hand in the air for the big village
Street sights, big dreams, all looking pretty
No place in the world that can compare
Put your fenis in the air, everybody say
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

In Goa!
 Sand storm where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in Goa!
These roads will make you feel brand new
Big tights will inspire you
Let's hear it for Goa, Goa, Goaaaaaa!

Let's hear it for Goa.

You can get up at 6.30 a.m. go for a walk on the beach or on the hills. You can sit with your friends, party with your family, it's all Goa.
You break your days into hours, where the first is for your self, the second for God, the third for your job, the fourth for your business, the fifth for your friends, and the sixth for your family. It is the ultimate sense of balance, where you can do what you love, for who you love and just the way you would love to do it.
Passion isn't a crime here, it's a way of life. Bombay, deal with it.
We don't work for money, we work for love or the love of work. We must think of the environment, the people, the politicians, the police and the neighbours.

It's one big happy world where everyone knows everyone else and we have to be soft to people, rather than treat them like shit, just because we feel like.
We are Goans, we love to work, but we also work to love.

And still you have the cheek to think WE'RE lazy?


So, this is it, this is where I BEG you fellow Goans (for a definition, refer to point number 3 if you already forgot it :-~) to join me and show the world what dreams are made of, for real!


It can be anything, but it has to be dream(drool)worthy! Join up. Tinkle me on hephail at gmail.com and I'll see you around...



Popular Posts